Why It's Important to Find the Right Space for Your At-Home Treadmill
June 19, 2021
If you're like many people with a gym membership, you've probably had to stop going to the gym last year because of the pandemic. But this doesn't mean you can't stay fit as more and more Americans are working out at home on treadmills. Where you put your treadmill can make a huge difference in whether you regularly use it. Here's what you need to consider when finding the best spot for your at-home treadmill, along with our wide range of fitness products.
AN EMPTY ROOM
Do you have an empty room? Maybe you're an empty-nester now with a spare bedroom. This could be an ideal spot for your treadmill. It's usually a good idea to locate a treadmill in a room not being used, although there are other rooms that could work.
Placing your treadmill in your basement can give you sufficient room for running on it as well as doing stretching exercises and using free weights. Consider how the basement is a room that's less likely to have other family members stop by as they would in your living room. What's more, a basement can provide more privacy for a workout.
While the garage seems like the perfect place for your treadmill, your Landice treadmill does not warranty product placed in garages that do not have temperature controlled environments. This is because extreme temperature swings can adversely affect the treadmill parts. Temperature control needs to be regulated between 50 degrees F and 95 degrees F. If you cannot guarantee this temperature range, please do not use a garage as your home for your treadmill as it may affect your investment and will void your warranty.
In addition to providing privacy, a bedroom treadmill can also help in motivating you to get up in the morning and exercise before starting your day. Just think about how, as soon as you wake up, you can jump on your treadmill and begin exercising. Furthermore, you can burn off more fat by exercising before eating breakfast.
THE BEST POSITIONS FOR A TREADMILL
Positioning your treadmill correctly is also important. You'll probably want to put your machine next to a window or in front of your TV. If your treadmill faces a brick wall, you may not feel bored and unmotivated.
Place a motivational poster or vision board in front of you so that you can remain motivated. For example, you could hang a poster of your favorite beach that could help in getting your body in shape for that new bathing suit you plan to buy for your summer vacation.
UPSTAIRS VS. DOWNSTAIRS
Do you live in a multi-level home? To avoid disturbing family members, it's better to have your treadmill at the lower level of your house. If you're in an apartment complex, put your treadmill on the bottom floor, so you won't bother your neighbors. Having your treadmill on the top floor can create annoying noises for residents living on lower floors.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS AND WARNINGS
- To be safe, allow for about six feet of space behind your treadmill and two feet of space on either side. This makes it easier for you to get on and/or get off of your machine. Moreover, include an additional two feet in front of your treadmill for good ventilation.
- Put your machine in an area that makes it easy for you to clean and care for your treadmill. Have an exercise cloth nearby for wiping it down both before and after use.
- Place a rubber exercise mat underneath your treadmill to reduce dust and dirt intake, protect your floors, and dampen any treadmill noises.
- Allow for ample clearance, which is the vertical space that's between the ceiling and the floor. A good clearance space is about eight feet between the ceiling and floor.
- Locate your treadmill away from pets. Not only can a treadmill be hazardous for pets, but dogs and/or cats can damage exercise equipment with stains, clawing and dirt marks.
- Don't shove your treadmill in a corner or too close to other equipment.
- Be sure your room is well-lit, or keep your door and windows open because bright lights can be a factor in keeping you more alert and energetic.
- Play background music to keep you motivated.
- Maintain a comfortable room temperature, making sure your workout room isn't too warm or too cold.
When you choose the right space for your treadmill, working out can be fun and not seem like a chore. As a result, you'll use your treadmill more frequently. Are you looking for high-quality exercise equipment? Then look no further than Landice. Contact us and learn more about our wide range of high-end residential and commercial exercise equipment, including treadmills, ellipticals and exercise bikes.